Translation and Transifex

Here we post new items to be translated for each language. We appreciate any volunteers who can assist keeping HuMo-genealogy's translations up to date.
alexandru
3 star
3 star

Translation and Transifex

Post by alexandru »

Hoi Huub,

The latest version (6.7.5) has nice improvements...
I noticed that in Admin section at Family trees -> Gedcom export there is a very new line (string): Export type with Normal and Minimal. I didn't find this string in Transifex to be translated. I don't know how you translated this (maybe automatic) in so many languages, but I don't like the translation (at least in Romanian). For sure, this needs human assistance... Maybe there are more new strings to be translated, I don't know...
I can translate better for myself with Control -> Language editor, not a very huge problem. It seems that on a future version I should retranslate all new strings from v. 6.7.5, because are not in Transifex any more.
Maybe you can make a recomandation for the new strings to be translated better, as long as are no more in Transifex (it seems that from now on is useless).

N.B.: You are using Bootstrap version 5.3.2, the latest one is v. 5.3.3.

Groeten,
Huub
HuMo-genealogy programmer
HuMo-genealogy programmer

Re: Translation and Transifex

Post by Huub »

There are two reasons I didn't update the translation files:

1) I don't want to bother translators with a new translation update if only 1 or 2 minor changes are made.

2) It's quit some work for me to update translations for all the languages. I normally don't do this for 1 or two minor changes.
:arrow: HuMo-genealogy update? Backup your database! Editing in HuMo-genealogy? Backup your data!
Make multiple backups with: PHPMyAdmin, gedcom export and database export.

HuMo-genealogy software: http://humo-gen.com
alexandru
3 star
3 star

Re: Translation and Transifex

Post by alexandru »

Thanks for your answer,

I understand you very well... It seems there is a very hard work to do here...
Maybe when there are many strings (plenty) to be translated, I am eager to process them...
Many thanks for clarifying...

Best regards,